Friday, April 9, 2010

Winter Semester is Over

The winter was very stressful for both of us. Beau carried a full course load and worked part-time for John Deere, and I also carried a full course load and worked part time for PolicyTech. Beau loved his automotive classes, and feels like he learned a ton! I can't say that I loved my classes, but I feel like this semester has been the most productive and educational so far.

The end of the semester is such a blessing though! We are both so tired and burnt out. This semester with our crazy schedules was a trial for sure, but we can honestly say that we couldn't have made it through without each other. Our marriage is much stonger and I can honestly say that trials can bring people closer together!

In the midst of our crazy semester, we have been working on our bathroom. We started with having to replace our vent and ceiling. Then we realized the toilet tank was cracked, and then the shower was leaking. All of this has resulted in a complete overhaul in the bathroom. Pictures to come. Although this was not what we had hoped or planned on doing, I think we are going to be very happy with the results.

I have returned to doing some of the things that bring me great happiness including cooking more. I often cook quick meals just to make it through the week, but lately I have tried to cook more substantial and "real" meals. It makes me happy, and Beau enjoys the food.

This semester has also been one of visitors. Beau's mom and dad came out in March to see our home (the last time they saw it we were in boxes and still moving), and to spend time with us. Then we met up with Cori and Kari (Beau's brother and sister-in-law) and their two kids in Twin Falls, and we did a sealing session in the Twin Falls Temple. We hadn't done one since we were married, so it was a really special experience, especially with Beau's parents. Then we went to Miracle Hot Springs in Buhl and had a lot of fun. It was a great get-away that reminded me about how much I take my husband for granted. We had so much fun being together and "out of the house." Beau's mom's parents, Yaya and Pappy, came and stayed with us for a few days to see their newest great grandchild (BJ and Ashleys amazing daughter Lucy!) and their grandchildren who are attending BYU-Idaho. We had a lot of fun with them here at the house, and I enjoyed getting to know them better! We also had a visit from Beau's cousin Annette and her four children last weekend in the middle of a snow storm. It is fun getting to know Beau's family better. They are such good people, no wonder Beau is the person that he is today!

We are grateful for family and friends who make our lives wonderful, and look forward to the coming semester. I will be graduating in July which should (do you like the word should?) make our lives a little easier in the coming months.

1 comment:

  1. haha true that to the "should" make your lives easier! it will in a lot of ways though :) congrats to you. july is not far off at all!

    ReplyDelete