Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Finals Week makes me Sick!

The last few semesters have seem to end in about the same way. I get this crazy illness, and spend my breaks trying to heal. That is exactly what happened this semester. On my very last day of classes I got a fever,chills, aches, etc. and then it got worse. I went to the doctor on Friday with congestion, sore throat, ear pain, headache, etc, and she told me I just had the nasty cold that was going around. Beau had been really sick, and had been put on antibiotics, so I thought I should be too (we had the same symptoms). I left the office, and hoped I would be better soon.

On Sunday I woke up with horrible ear pain and pressure, and a red eye. Because we are on BYU-Idaho insurance, if we go anywhere but the student health center, we have to pay a $750 deductible. I decided to "tough it out" and waited until Monday morning. As I drove to the doctor I felt stupid and knew I would cry if I was told it was just a cold, as I felt horrible! Well the doctor said I have a double ear infection and pink eye. He put me on an antibiotic, and told me to rest. I have now missed 3 days of work, which those of you who know me is a not happening thing in my world. After I took the first dose of the antibiotic my right ear drum ruptured, and last night my left ear drum ruptured. I feel awesome...not! I just don't understand how I can be so sick! Aren't ear infections and pink eye for little kids?

Oh well. I will say one positive thing, at least this is happening during the break. I have a really full course load planned for next semester (17 credits - this is full for me) and I will not be able to afford getting sick like this. Hopefully I will be back on my feet soon!

3 comments:

  1. so sorry you are sick! you have the right mode of thinking though. it sucks youre sick during break, but its better than missing class, especially at the beginning. i hope youre better by the time classes start again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your ears... I know that one... I hope you feel better fast. I couldn't ear out of my right ear for a good three weeks though. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you started a blog...I often wonder how your're doing, now I can check in and find out!

    ReplyDelete