Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Random Ramblings

I have spent the last 6 weeks focusing on how happy I am going to be when this nightmare of a balancing act will be over. Sometimes I really need a kick in my pants and tell me to stop complaining. I still remember my friend Kelsey telling me when I was too negative. I need that kind of influence in my life . . . daily! Beau is sweet to listen to me complain, and lately cry. I think I am tired, but I am very grateful that I only have 8 weeks left. I am grateful that I have been able to make it this far after struggling for so long. I am grateful to be graduating in the summer to after my classes are over I will be able to camp, swim, fish, and outdoor adventure in general. I am grateful that we have been able to make it this far without killing one another. I love my husband, and I do not give him enough credit for how much he helps and takes care of me when he is busy too. Soon enough all of this will be a memory, and I look forward to moving on.

This Memorial Day weekend could not have come at a more perfect time. Beau and I worked on the bathroom, and I am excited to say it is starting to finally look like one. I wasn't sure that we would ever be able to say this, but it does. I have a light, mirror, and towel racks, which make me the happiest woman in the world. I forgot what it was like to look in the mirror in the morning as you get ready. I will post pictures when we are all done.

I am thinking about getting rid of my facebook. I find that it typically just makes me mad. I think that people are forgetting to be people. We don't call or write, we update our status. We don't share with family or friends we comment. I don't know if I want to risk becoming like that. Also, I am to the point where I really only want to status update out of pure annoyance, which I resist in order to not ruin what semblance of a kind reputation I have.

I am very thankful that I just heard my husband come home and before he even walked through the door he decided to mow the lawn. No wonder I am in love with this man :)

5 comments:

  1. so i guess you are saying i need to call you and say hi instead of just drop by on facebook. my goal: call and say HI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Erin! I want to come see you this fall when you are back in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the end, Joanne! You're amazing for all that juggling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Mariah. Yes I blog stalked you finding you on Kelsey's blog and I am glad I did. I feel the same way about facebook and e-mail. It drives me crazy ( I have family that won't ever call but or call me back but will facebook me-it drives me crazy) that being said.....I like blogs I think they are more intimate. So exciting you are graduating!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready for an update. Are you coming to CA anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete